Saturday 24 December 2011

'Twas the night before Christmas

December 24th. The night before Christmas.  I've been to church at St. Mary's,  the little church in Brinsley, a four corners so tiny even people living around here don't know where it is. However this evening, there was a traffic jam with the United Church-goers at the end of the road. Not very often that happens - unless we schedule our bazaars on the same day at the same time!


This year we have had a skiff of snow and it is cold out, but one year, it was so mild the cattle were still in the fields after dark and you could hear them lowing - not mooing, but lowing, just as in the carol! They were noshing on turnips still in the field.
Speaking of which, I am going to have some more tourtiere and maybe some cheese... and if we have any more Lindt orange dark chocolate, yes, some of that... then hang up my stocking. I wonder what Santa/Greg will put in it this year...
I am not sure who besides a select few reads my blog, but in any case, Merry Christmas to you all and a prosperous new year in 2012!

2 comments:

  1. That is probably the most moving endorsement of Christmas spirit --pastoral, personal and realistic-- I have come across this season. It is succinct and heartfelt, modest too --like the church in the picture. My compliments and best wishes in this and all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the best of 2012 to you and yours as well, George!

    ReplyDelete