Friday 26 August 2011

Finding the Woodleigh Replicas

Greg and I toured all the roads around Kensington yesterday in order to find the Woodleigh Replicas. We finally found the property after asking an older clerk at Tim Horton's in Kensington, who got the directions almost right (but turn at Burlingon!).

Joanna and I visited  Woodleigh a quarter of a century ago - now doesn't that seem a lot longer than 25 years ago!!! We had lots of  fun touring the castles etc.

The propert is a bit spooky - all the trees have grown so tall. Another couple - from Montreal - rode up on their Harley -Davidson. They remembered going there as children.

We took some pictures which I'll post later once we get home. There is a big sign offering people a chance to "be part of history " or some such wording and buy lots there. The property dates from 1867, so the For Sale sign says. I fear the replicas may succumb to demolition by neglect. That would be too bad.

1 comment:

  1. I lived in PEI as a child. One of my favorite things to do when company came to visit was go to Woodliegh. Have gone to PEI for several visits over the last thirty years and finally thought this time when we go in late August I will take hubby and the three kids to Woodleigh my boys will love the dungeon. To my dismay it will be a sad stop as my childhood memeories will have be told a little differently. Was very shocked to hear there was no Woodliegh to take them to, no price list as was with everything else I have been madly googling for our adventure. We will go I just hope I don't cry! Some days I wish I was rich! xox A. Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete